Ryan Casey is a trial attorney at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, focusing his practice on litigating large and complex personal injury, wrongful death and product defect cases on behalf of injured individuals and consumers in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Since joining the firm, Mr. Casey has handled complex factual cases involving trucking collisions, auto collisions, construction site injuries, industrial injuries, recreational sporting injuries, and multiple cases from various defective products. In these cases, Mr. Casey has obtained favorable results through trial or settlement and successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients in lawsuits against negligent individuals, public entities, and corporations, including the manufacturers and distributors of dangerous products.
Some of Mr. Casey’s results include:
- In September 2014, Adam Shea and Mr. Casey obtained a $7,200,000.00 settlement for four children whose mother was killed when the car in which she was a passenger in was rear-ended by a San Bernardino County Sheriff.
- In April 2014, Mr. Casey and Tom A. Schultz helped obtain a policy limits $6,100,000.00 settlement on behalf of an elderly plaintiff who was struck at night in an unmarked crosswalk by a Rancho Santa Fe security guard causing her extensive injuries, including multiple fractures and a traumatic brain injury.
- In June 2012, Mr. Casey was trial counsel with Brian Panish and Tom A. Schultz in the matter of Sheth v. Schneider National Carriers, Inc. The Sheths were passengers in a vehicle when they were struck by a big rig and crashed into a median causing severe spinal injuries to Mrs. Sheth. After a month long jury trial, a Riverside County Superior Court jury awarded the Sheths $36,482,302.56. Schneider National offered Plaintiffs $250,000 before trial. The verdict is believed to be the largest personal injury verdict in Riverside County history.
- In 2012, Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a favorable confidential settlement on behalf of a client who stopped a runaway horse from crashing into a group of children at a horse show and was seriously injured in the process. Also in 2012, Mr. Casey, Spencer Lucas and Adam Shea obtained a considerable confidential settlement on behalf of a family who were struck head-on by a negligent truck driver and suffered serious life altering injuries.
- In 2011, after obtaining terminating sanctions for destruction of evidence by the defendant, Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a significant confidential settlement on behalf of a client who was knocked down by a delivery man in a grocery store and suffered serious injuries.
Articles by Ryan Casey
- Advocate – Identifying the Workers’ Comp Third-Party Crossover Case: Key Pointers for Pursuing a crossover case to help maximize your client’s recovery through Workers’ Comp and Tort Claims
Since 2013, Mr. Casey has been named by Super Lawyers as a Southern California Rising Star – an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age. He is a member of the State Bar of California and the United States District Court for the Central District of California and is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Consumers Attorneys of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association and Beverly Hills Bar Association.
Mr. Casey graduated cum laude from the University of California Los Angeles with majors in Political Science and History before attending Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. While at Loyola Law School, Mr. Casey was a member of the Loyola National Trial Advocacy team and was awarded the Karl Seuthe award for excellence in trial advocacy.
When he’s not actively representing his clients and their interests, Mr. Casey enjoys being active himself — playing softball in Santa Monica and baseball in the Los Angeles Baseball league. He has also participated annually in the Run for Justice 5k, associated with the Los Angeles Marathon, to raise money in support of Public Counsel.