Los Angeles Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death — one that was caused by someone else’s negligence or misconduct — is especially hard for the families who must carry on. Losing a loved one results in more than just the emotional impact; families must also contend with loss of income, loss of support, and costs related to the death. If you are considering legal action related to a wrongful death, the experienced Los Angeles wrongful death lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP can help you navigate the legal system and get the best results during a time that can be difficult. We also handle cases of wrongful death in Orange County and across Southern California.
Results the firm has obtained for families affected by a wrongful death include:
- Sherman v. Courrege, in which Brian Panish won a $25.5 million jury verdict for the survivors of a family of three killed by a drunk driver.
- Yoon v. United States, in which Brian Panish and Kevin Boyle obtained a $17.45 million award for a man whose family was killed when a military jet crashed into his San Diego home.
- Cuthbertson v. LACMTA, in which Brian Panish and Deborah Chang obtained a $17 million verdict for the mother of a visually impaired man who was killed when he slipped between rail cars and was crushed by a train.
- Wu v. Singapore Airlines in which Brian Panish and Kevin Boyle obtained a $15 million jury verdict for the children of two people killed in the crash of Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400.
- Preza v. City of Hawthorne in which Brian Panish, Rahul Ravipudi and Erika Contreras obtained a $13 million settlement for the family of woman killed by a speeding police car.
- Cisler v. Capistrano Unified School District in which Brian Panish and Tom Schultz obtained a $10 million verdict for the parents of a young boy who died on a school bus on his way home from preschool when he was strangled by the straps of his wheel chair.
Wrongful Death Verdicts & Settlements
- DOES v. Charter Airline Company $30,000,000
- Dominguez v. City and County of San Francisco $27,394,567
- Sherman v. Courrege $25,500,000
- Barber v. Mossy Ford $22,765,864
- Jackson v. State of California $20,100,000
- Yoon v. United States $17,845,000
- Cuthbertson v. LACMTA $17,000,000
- DOES v. Engine Manufacturer $16,750,000
- Wu v. Singapore Airlines $15,000,000
- DOES v. Auto Manufacturer $14,500,000
- DOES v. Auto Manufacturer $14,000,000
- Preza v. City of Hawthorne $13,000,000
- DOES v. National Airlines $13,000,000
- DOES v. Charter Airline Company $12,000,000
- Witham v. Avjet $11,000,000
- DOES v. National Airlines $11,000,000
- Villamariona v. CBS $10,450,000
- Cisler v. Capistrano Unified School $10,000,000
- Garcia v. Marine Terminal Operator $10,000,000
- DOES v. Helicopter Manufacturer $9,900,000
- Guerrero v. Waste Management $ 9,900,000
- Rastello v. City of Torrance $8,000,000
- Vega Family v. Verizon $7,000,000
- Fodor v. Does $6,000,000
- Vasquez v. Doe Oil Refinery $6,000,000
- Teraberanyans v. Browning Ferris $4,500,000
- Doe v. North Bay $3,950,000
- Griffiths v. Dole $2,750,000
- Colmenares v. Doe $2,750,000
- Hathaway v. Allstate $2,600,000
- Acosta v. Alsco $2,200,000
- Custodio v. O’Sullivan Construction $1,800,000
- Bye v. Lousiana Pacific $1,500,000
- Altman v. Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) $1,500,000
- Poulos v. Long Beach Transit (LBT) $1,200,000
- Karavani v. Reddick $1,200,000
- Watt v. Long $1,100,000
Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyers – Free Consultations!
The dedicated team at Panish Shea & Boyle, LLP are ready to take on your wrongful death case! Contact them in Los Angeles today for a free initial consultation! (310) 477-1700