Temecula Truck Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Accidents involving large commercial trucks can result in severe injuries. This is particularly true for those riding in traditional passenger vehicles. At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our Temecula truck accident attorneys understand that these incidents are often caused by the careless or negligent actions of truck drivers or trucking carriers. We have a track record of success in helping clients recover compensation after they sustain injuries and property damage in these incidents. If you need our help, we are one phone call away. Let us stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties to make sure you recover maximum compensation.
Why Choose Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for Help With This Case?
- At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, we have a proud track record of success when it comes to securing compensation for our clients. We have secured more injury settlements and verdicts worth over $10 million than any other law firm in California history.
- Our attorneys are continually recognized for excellence by other trial lawyers, national publications, and legal organizations.
- Panish Shea & Boyle LLP was created in 2005 by attorneys with extensive track records of success in litigation against major companies, which is a huge benefit for lawsuits against truck companies.
What Will an Attorney Do to Help a Truck Accident Claim in Temecula?
Most people underestimate just how tough a truck accident claim can become in California. Truck companies will hide behind aggressive insurance carriers and legal teams to avoid paying out compensation for these cases. However, a skilled truck accident lawyer in Temecula can use their resources to:
- Gather the evidence needed to prove liability
- Ensure their client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals
- Enlist the assistance of economic experts who can help calculate total losses
- Handle complex back and forth negotiations with insurance carriers and legal teams
Most Common Temecula Truck Accident Causes
Truck drivers and trucking companies are strictly regulated by individual states and the federal government, particularly through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These strict regulations are put into place to ensure that trucks are operated appropriately and with safety at the forefront. Unfortunately, there are times when the actions of truck drivers or truck companies lead to serious car accidents on the roadway.
Truck drivers can cause severe accidents in a variety of ways, including the following behaviors:
- Driving over the speed limit or too fast for conditions
- Failing to abide by weight requirements for their respective trucks
- Improperly loading cargo onto the trailer
- Driving for more hours than allowed under FMCSA regulations
- Operating the truck while distracted by phones or other devices
- Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs
Ultimately, truck companies are responsible for the actions of their drivers. The waters can be muddied a bit for individual drivers who are also owner-operators of their trucks, though these individuals should have enough insurance to handle expenses if an accident occurs.
Trucking companies can also hold liability for these accidents. All companies are responsible for regularly inspecting and maintaining each vehicle to ensure roadway safety. Additionally, companies should conduct proper background checks on drivers and ensure that drivers are adequately trained to operate these large vehicles.
Why Are Temecula Truck Accidents so Devastating?
Data provided by the FMCSA shows that the federal weight limits for these vehicles can reach as high as 80,000 pounds. Additionally, these trucks can reach more than 50 feet in length. Due to the massive size and weight discrepancy between large commercial trucks and smaller vehicles on the roadway, it should come as no surprise that serious injuries occur when these vehicles are involved in accidents.
It is not uncommon for the Temecula truck accident lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP to help clients who have sustained severe injuries, including the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Crush injuries and amputations
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
- Major lacerations or puncture wounds
Types of Compensation Recoverable in These
There may be various types of economic and non-economic compensation available to truck accident victims. Economic compensation, also referred to as special damages, revolves around the types of compensation that are relatively easy to calculate for these claims because there are bills and receipts that can be added up:
- Medical bills resulting from the truck crash
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
Non-economic damages, also referred to as general damages, revolve around more immeasurable aspects of truck accident claims. This includes losses that cannot simply be added up by using bills and receipts, such as a victim’s emotional distress, physical pain and suffering, psychological trauma, loss of bodily functions, and more.
Time Frame to File a Truck Accident Claim
It is important to understand that there are various time limits in place pertaining to these claims. All truck accident cases need to be reported to insurance carriers very soon after the incident occurs. Failing to report these incidents to the insurance carriers could result in claims being delayed or denied altogether.
Additionally, the personal injury statute of limitations in California is two years from the date the accident occurs. If a personal injury lawsuit is not filed against the alleged negligent truck company within this two-year timeframe, victims will be unable to recover the compensation they need.
Contact a Temecula Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a truck accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver or truck carrier, the team at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP is ready to help you today. We have the resources necessary to investigate complex vehicle and truck accident claims. Let us determine liability for what happened, handle negotiations with all insurance carriers and legal teams, and help you recover total compensation for your losses. When you need a Temecula truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.