San Diego Truck Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Accidents involving large commercial trucks in the San Diego area regularly result in significant injuries for drivers and passengers in regular vehicles. Unfortunately, it can be challenging for the victims to secure compensation in these cases. At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our team is here to help if you need a San Diego truck accident attorney by your side. We have years of experience handling complex injury claims throughout California, and we are ready to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Choose Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for Help With This Case
- At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our attorneys have spent decades helping clients throughout California recover compensation after they have sustained injuries caused by the negligence or misconduct of others.
- We limit the number of cases that we take so that our attorneys and staff focus all of their efforts on our clients’ needs.
- The attorneys at this firm have secured more than $10 billion in settlements and verdicts for clients over the years.
- We are continually recognized for excellence by other trial attorneys, legal organizations, and publications across the country.
How Will an Attorney Help a Truck Accident Claim in San Diego?
It can be incredibly challenging for injury victims to go up against trucking companies, well-funded insurance carriers, and legal teams in these cases. Truck crash victims are more prepared when they come with their own personal injury lawyer who can handle every aspect of these types of claims.
A San Diego truck accident attorney’s job will be multifaceted in these situations and will complete the following on your behalf:
- Gathering all of the evidence needed to prove liability
- Fully investigating the trucking company and driver responsible for the collision
- Ensuring their client is evaluated by trusted medical and economic professionals who can treat the injuries and help calculate total expected losses.
- Handling all communication with insurance carriers and other parties in an effort to recover the compensation the client needs.
Most Common San Diego Truck Accident Causes
When we turn to information available from the National Safety Council, we can see that there were more than 118,000 total large trucks involved in injury collisions across the country during the latest reporting year. Tragically, more than 5,000 large trucks were involved in fatal collisions during that same reporting year.
Accidents involving large commercial trucks occur for a wide variety of reasons. When our attorneys investigate these incidents, we often discover that the cause of the crash revolves around the negligent or careless actions of a driver or trucking company.
Some of the actions that truck drivers take that cause accidents include the following:
- Failing to abide by the hours of service requirements set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by phones or other devices
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Failing to follow state traffic laws regarding commercial trucks
- Improperly loading or overloading a trailer
Trucking companies have a responsibility to ensure the safety of these vehicles. If trucking companies fail to uphold a basic standard of care, serious injuries can occur. Some of the actions that truck companies take that cause collisions include the following:
- Failing to adequately screen new drivers for proper certifications and a clear background
- Failing to properly train new drivers to operate the trucks
- Not properly inspecting and maintaining each vehicle per FMCSA requirements
- Encouraging drivers to drive beyond the allowable hours of service
- Allowing the vehicles to be overloaded beyond their capacity
Types of Compensation You Can Recover for These Claims
Victims of truck crash accidents in San Diego may be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our San Diego car accident attorneys have extensive experience helping clients recover economic and non-economic damages in the aftermath of these accidents. The total amount of compensation available in these situations will vary depending on the facts surrounding each crash. However, we are regularly able to help clients recover:
- Complete compensation for medical bills related to the accident
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- The cost of any prescription medications or medical devices needed
- Any lost income if they cannot work while they recover
- General household out-of-pocket expenses caused by the crash
- Property damage expenses
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
Time Frame to File a Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident victims need to make sure that they file their claims with the insurance carriers as soon as possible. Insurance carriers typically have very strict reporting deadlines, and failing to promptly report an accident could result in the claim being delayed or denied.
Additionally, the state of California imposes a two years statute of limitations on personal injury cases. This means that if a truck crash victim fails to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent driver or trucking company within a two-year timeframe, they will not be able to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Affording a San Diego Truck Accident Attorney
At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our attorneys take truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to. If we do not win, our clients do not pay a dime.
Contact a San Diego Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident involving a larger commercial truck in the San Diego area, reach out to the team at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for help as soon as possible. We understand how devastating these crashes can be, both to your physical well-being as well as your financial stability. Our goal is to help ensure you recover the compensation you are entitled to, and we have the resources necessary to go toe-to-toe with commercial truck insurance carriers. When you need a San Diego truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.