San Diego Personal Injury LawyerRequest Free Consultation
As is the case with all large cities in California and across the country, the chances of being involved in a serious San Diego County accident are common. Often, these accidents are the result of the negligence or recklessness of an individual, company, corporation, or municipality. In these cases, it is advisable to contact an experienced San Diego County accident attorney to consult with you on the circumstances behind your accident. The San Diego County Injury Lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP have experience representing the catastrophically injured against powerful corporations and government entities in Southern California, and across the country, to great success.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in San Diego County, contact the wrongful death and injury trial lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP to help protect your rights. Call us today at (877) 800-1700.
Why Choose Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for Help?
- After we accept a case, we commit to our client and their cause. We take the steps necessary to secure the compensation they deserve.
- We limit the number of cases that we accept so that our attorneys and staff are able to focus on the needs of our clients without any distractions.
- Our attorneys have been repeatedly recognized for excellence by other trial lawyers, legal organizations, and national publications.
- We have an extensive track record of success and have recovered significant multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of clients.
How Will an Attorney Help a Personal Injury Claim in San Diego?
A skilled personal injury lawyer is going to be an invaluable resource when it comes to securing compensation after an injury occurs. The simple truth is that most individuals do not have the financial ability to handle every aspect of these claims. However, an attorney can step in and:
- Thoroughly investigate the incident in order to uncover the compensation necessary to prove liability.
- Make sure that the injury victim is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries.
- Vigorously negotiate with the insurance carriers involved to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of their client.
- Fully prepare each case as if it will go all the way to trial.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our San Diego personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling various types of claims on behalf of clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Car accident
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Defective products claims
- Premises liability incidents
This is certainly not a complete list of the types of claims that we handle, and we strongly encourage individuals who think they have a viable personal injury claim to contact one of our attorneys so we can help determine the best steps moving forward.
Common Injuries We Help Clients Secure Compensation For
The personal injury lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP help those who have sustained a wide range of injuries in and around the San Diego area. This includes:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
In addition to these injuries, we also recognize that victims are likely to suffer from a range of emotional and psychological trauma as a result of these incidents. This includes prolonged feelings of stress, fear, and anxiety, and even symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What Types of Compensation Can You Receive?
There may be various types of compensation available to injury victims in San Diego. Our attorneys strive to recover both economic and non-economic damages on behalf of every injury client that we help. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses caused by the injury
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- General household out-of-pocket losses
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
The total amount of compensation paid to injury victims in San Diego will vary depending on several factors related to each case. Some of these factors include the severity of the injuries, how long it takes an injured victim to recover, the level of the victim’s pain and suffering, whether or not a victim can return to work, etc.
How Long Do You Have to File a San Diego Personal Injury Claim?
It is important for injury victims to understand that they have a limited amount of time to file these claims in court. The California personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. This means that if a San Diego personal injury victim fails to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party within this two-year time frame, they will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation for their losses.
If there are any insurance carriers involved in the case, please understand that the carriers have very strict reporting deadlines, often within a day or two after the injury occurs. It is crucial to make sure that injuries get reported to the respective insurance carriers as soon as possible so that a claim is not delayed or denied.
What if You Were Partially At-Fault?
Injury victims can still recover compensation even if they are partially at fault for an incident in San Diego. California operates under a “pure comparative negligence” system. This means that injury victims can recover compensation even if they are up to 99% at fault for the incident. However, it is important to recognize that the total amount of compensation available to victims will be reduced based on their percentage of fault.
Affording a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney
At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, our team is proud to take San Diego personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to. They will pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs throughout the entirety of the case.
Contact a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another individual or entity in the San Diego area, contact the team at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for help today. We have the resources necessary to conduct complete investigations into these cases, and we are not afraid to take on aggressive insurance carriers. Our goal is to make sure that you receive the compensation you need to get through this. When you need a San Diego personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (877) 800-1700.