Orange County Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Drunk drivers show a reckless disregard for the safety of others. They choose to operate a motor vehicle intoxicated, without concern for how it may impact others. When a drunk driver causes an accident and serious injuries, victims have rights. The attorneys at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP serve victims of drunk driving accidents in Orange County, California. We are passionate about protecting victims’ rights and seeking justice against drunk drivers. Call (949) 468-5777 today for your free drunk driving accident consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We have extensive experience handling complicated injury and death lawsuits in California, including accidents related to recklessness and criminal actions.
- We have earned recognition from our fellow trial attorneys, news publications and legal organizations. We received the highest ranking a firm can get from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®.
- We handle cases statewide in California on a contingency fee basis. You will only pay for your drunk driving accident lawyer if you win compensation.
When to Hire a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Navigating a claim alone after a serious drunk driving accident in California could expose you to risks such as an auto insurance company ignoring your rights. Insurance companies want to downsize your settlement value and may try to do so with tactics such as delaying your payout or diminishing your damages. Hiring a drunk driving accident attorney can prevent this from happening. Your lawyer will help you prove the drunk driver’s fault for your damages, as well as the extent of your injuries. You do not have to worry about settling for less than your injuries are worth if you hire a lawyer.
California Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
Drunk driving is an epidemic in the U.S. that takes thousands of lives annually. California is not impervious to the threat of drunk drivers. In 2017, alcohol-impaired drivers took 1,120 lives in California. This was the second-leading number of deaths in the country, exceeded by Texas with 1,468. Drunk driving accounted for 31% of all fatal traffic accidents in California. Twenty percent (20%) of drivers that caused fatal collisions in California in 2017 had blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels more than twice the legal limit of 0.08%.
Common Drunk Driving Accident Damages
At Panish Shea & Boyle, LLP, we do not see clients as statistics. We see them as real humans who deserve personal attention from drunk driving accident lawyers in Orange County. Our lawyers provide high-quality care to each client that requests our assistance. Our goal is to fight for justice, compensation and real change in our community. We believe that by holding drunk drivers accountable, we can help prevent future drunk driving wrecks. We also aim to recover fair compensation for the many damages a client could suffer.
- Serious personal injuries, including traumatic brain damage and spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful deaths of beloved spouses, children and other family members
- Vehicle damage exceeding $1,000 or a totaled vehicle
- Lost wages and income-earning opportunities from missed time at work
- Temporary or permanent disabilities and related losses
- Long-term costs, such as disability accommodations or live-in care
- Physical pain, emotional suffering and psychological distress
- Punitive damages to punish the defendant
The value of a drunk driving accident claim depends on the severity of the car accident. Most drunk driving crashes, however, are catastrophic or deadly. Drunk drivers are more likely to engage in dangerous behaviors such as speeding or driving the wrong way. These factors can cause traumatic and fatal collisions. Our drunk driver attorneys can review your case to evaluate its specific value.
Contact Our Orange County Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Today
It is important to have someone protecting your rights in the aftermath of a serious drunk driving wreck in Orange County. Our attorneys want to advocate for you and your family during this hard time. We offer free, confidential case evaluations so you can get answers to your questions at no risk or financial obligation. Schedule your meeting today by contacting us online or calling (949) 468-5777.