Oakland Uber & Lyft Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are common household names throughout the Oakland area. However, when accidents involving these vehicles happen, they can leave victims struggling and wondering where to turn to recover the compensation they need. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we are here to help if you need an Oakland Uber and Lyft accident attorney. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout California, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate these incidents and help you recover the compensation you need.
Choose Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP for Your Rideshare Accident Claim
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we have decades of experience helping recover compensation on behalf of injury victims and have secured more settlements and jury verdicts worth over $10 million than any other law firm in state history.
- We have been repeatedly recognized for excellence by other trial attorneys, legal organizations, and national publications.
- We provide a client-focused approach for every case that we handle, which means that we are always available to address our clients’ questions and concerns throughout the entirety of their cases.
How Will an Attorney Help an Oakland Uber or Lyft Accident Case?
Uber and Lyft accidents can be notoriously challenging when it comes to securing compensation. The reality is that these accidents involve many parties, including multiple insurance carriers as well as rideshare companies and their legal teams.
A skilled Oakland Uber or Lyft accident lawyer will be able to fully investigate each claim in order to determine liability. This will include gathering rideshare company app data, statements from eyewitnesses, police reports, photo or video surveillance, and more. An attorney will also work with trusted financial and medical experts to help properly calculate their client’s total expected losses. Finally, an attorney will not back down when negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers in these situations.
How Does Insurance Work for an Oakland Rideshare Accident?
It can be truly difficult to understand what insurance carrier is going to be responsible for paying compensation to victims after an Uber or Lyft crash. If an Uber or Lyft driver causes an accident, both companies determine which insurance carrier pays compensation based on the status of a driver at the time the crash occurs.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is not signed into the app to work and they cause a crash, then the driver’s personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering compensation to injury victims.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is signed into the app to work but does not have a passenger and is not on the way to pick a passenger up, then the driver’s personal carrier will still primarily be responsible for covering compensation. Both rideshare companies do have supplemental insurance policies that will kick in in the event a claim is denied by the personal carrier or if the insurance limits are exhausted.
- If an Uber Lyft driver is signed into the app to work and has a passenger, or is on the way to pick a passenger up, then both rideshare companies have $1 million liability policies that are supposed to kick in to cover every party involved in the case.
Compensation Available for an Oakland Uber or Lyft Accident
There may be various types of compensation available to Uber and Lyft crash victims in the Oakland area. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our attorneys work diligently to recover economic and non-economic damages on behalf of every rideshare crash victim that we help. This can include coverage of the following:
- All medical bills related to the crash, including hospital and doctor’s office bills
- Coverage of any out-of-pocket costs caused by the crash
- Lost wages if a victim cannot work while recovering
- Property damage expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
The total amount of compensation available for an Uber or Lyft accident claim will vary depending on the factors related to each particular rideshare crash. A personal injury attorney will be able to examine the facts of the case and work with trusted economic experts to help properly calculate total losses.
Time Limit for Filing an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim in Oakland
It is crucial for Uber and Lyft accident victims to understand that they have a limited amount of time to file these lawsuits in court. The insurance carriers involved in these cases are going to have very strict reporting deadlines, often within a day or two after the rideshare crash occurs. If a victim does not file their claim within these reporting deadlines, the insurance carrier could delay or even deny the claim altogether.
Additionally, the California personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. If a rideshare crash victim fails to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party within this timeframe, they will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation at all for their losses.
Can You Afford an Oakland Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our Oakland car accident attorneys take Uber and Lyft cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not be responsible for paying any upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their rideshare accident case. We will only collect legal fees after we successfully recover the compensation our clients need through a settlement or jury verdict. If we do not win, our clients will not pay.
Call an Oakland Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in the Oakland area, reach out to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP for help today. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident and injury claims throughout this area, and we want to help ensure that you recover the compensation you need. Let us use our resources to investigate your claim, deal with insurance carriers, and even take your case to trial if we have to. When you need an Oakland Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.