Las Vegas Product Liability Attorney
Product liability laws hold product manufacturers to different standards of care than the average party. Companies are responsible for the safety and well-being of millions of consumers and must take special care to ensure that their products are safe to use. After an incident involving a dangerous or defective product, contact Panish Shea & Boyle LLP to request a cost-free case review with a Las Vegas product liability attorney. A lawsuit could result in compensation from the at-fault company.
Nevada Product Liability Law
Product liability laws in Nevada are mostly the same as many other states. State statutes protect consumers as much as possible from defective products by holding manufacturers to strict quality standards. Another benefit for consumers is that they do not have to prove the defendant’s negligence to qualify for compensation. If the item contained one of the following defects and caused the plaintiff’s injuries, there is no need to prove negligence:
- Manufacturing mistake. Human errors or machinery malfunctions during a product’s creation could make it unreasonably dangerous for consumers. A batch of prescription medicine that a factory worker accidentally taints with a toxic chemical is an example of a harmful manufacturing mistake.
- Design defects. Sometimes a product is dangerous even if everything goes as planned during its manufacture. These items have inherently dangerous designs. An example is a piece of farm equipment with a guard that isn’t strong enough to protect workers from getting sucked into the mechanism.
- Marketing problem. A marketing defect is an oversight in the instructions, manuals, or warning labels on a consumer product that fails to keep buyers safe. For example, a child’s toy that’s unsuitable for toddlers but doesn’t say “Ages 3 and up” could present a choking hazard to young children.
The presence of one of these types of defects generally means that strict liability rules apply to the case. This saves the plaintiff from needing to prove negligence. To recover compensation, the elements necessary would be proof that the product had a defect, that the defect existed when the item left the manufacturer, that the plaintiff used the product as the creator intended, and that the product defect caused the injuries or damages. A Las Vegas product liability lawyer can help you prove that a product’s defect caused your injuries.
Who is Responsible for Product-Related Injuries?
Determining liability for a product that caused a serious injury can be difficult, a product liability attorney has the expertise to hold the at-fault parties accountable for their actions. Liability for a defective product can rest on one or several parties, including:
- Product manufacturers
- A manufacturer of one of the product’s parts
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sells the product to the consumers
Request a free consultation with our law firm to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Our defective product attorneys have experience representing clients injured by dangerous products and are not afraid to go up against big corporations.
As one of the leading product liability lawyers in the country, Panish Shea & Boyle LLP has successfully recovered compensation for victims of defective products. Some of these landmark product liability cases include:
- $4.9 Billion recovered in Anderson v. GM
- $55.4 Million recovered in Lampe v. Continental General Tire
- $8.3 Million recovered in Kransky v. DePuy Ortohpaedics, Inc
- $13 Million recovered in Beltran v. Boeing et al.
Do You Need to Hire an Attorney?
Hiring a Las Vegas product liability lawyer is technically optional according to Nevada law. Unless you have a legal background, however, you should not represent yourself. Retaining lawyers from Panish Shea & Boyle LLP to represent you could make an enormous difference in your legal experience. Our personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas have decades of experience handling injury and product liability claims. We have the knowledge and resources to take your claim to the next level in terms of compensation awards. Our firm isn’t afraid to go up against major corporations and manufacturers around the globe in pursuit of justice for injured consumers. We can take claims involving bad drugs or defective medical devices, children’s toys, household appliances, auto parts and many other types of consumer products. We simply want to shed light on dark places in the consumer industry. We also want victims to have the means to afford necessary medical care and other costs after suffering damages because of a defective item.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Injury Attorneys
Panish Shea & Boyle LLP takes product liability claims on a contingency-fee basis. That means you can start a lawsuit or join a class action for free. You’ll only pay our legal fees if we win you a monetary award. We’ll take our fees in the form of a pre-agreed upon percentage of your settlement or judgment award. You’ll never pay a dime out of pocket. Initial consultations with our Las Vegas lawyers are always free. Call (702) 560-5520 today to contact an attorney or contact us online.