Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a Las Vegas car accident, you need representation from an experienced attorney. Panish Shea & Boyle has the experience, understanding and resources to fight for justice on your behalf. Auto accidents may be relatively common on the busy streets of Las Vegas, but that doesn’t make your case any less important. We’ll make sure insurance companies treat you fairly during settlement negotiations or take your case to court if that’s what it takes for full recovery. Contact our Las Vegas car accident lawyer right away for a free case evaluation.
Attorney Kevin Boyle discusses car accident cases and damages you can recover with the help of Panish Shea & Boyle.
- Damages You Can Recover
- Importance of Hiring an Attorney
- Common Causes and Injuries in Car Accidents
- Laws and Statute of Limitations
- No-Fault Laws
- Car Accident Statistics
- What to do After an Accident
Financial Compensation You Can Recover
You will have many things on your mind after a car accident in Las Vegas. The first is most likely your injuries. You will be spending time on getting medical treatment and recovering, and likely with a great deal of physical pain and emotional suffering. However, you will also have to contend with medical bills, phone calls from insurance claims adjusters, quotes from auto mechanics, missed work and lost wages. Although a successful personal injury lawsuit may not be able to reverse all the damages you suffered as a crash survivor, it could make moving forward easier with the compensation you need for stability and peace of mind.
- Hospital bills. If you require any physical or cognitive medical care after a car crash, the defendant may have to pay the bills. This includes the costs of surgeries, consultations, doctor’s visits, ambulance fees, medical accessories, permanent disabilities, and other medical expenses.
- Property repairs. The defendant will also have to pay for any property he or she damaged. This may include the costs to repair your damaged vehicle or replace a totaled car.
- Lost wages. This damage category refers to both past and future lost wages – the earnings you lost while taking time off from work to attend medical appointments, recovering from your injuries, as well as damages from your inability to perform your work or earn promotions due to your injuries or disabilities caused by an accident.
- Pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for the physical pain, emotional anguish, distress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, lost quality of life and loss of consortium.
Although uncommon in most cases, you could also qualify for a punitive damage award against the defendant. Punitive damages penalize a defendant for gross negligence or reckless actions, rather than purely to reimburse the victim. A judge in Las Vegas may award you punitive damages if the at-fault driver is guilty of drunk driving, excessive speeding, intentional harm or other wanton acts. Discuss the full value of your car accident claim with our Las Vegas car accident attorneys today. We can help you understand what your claim could be worth.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Time is of the essence in Las Vegas car accident claims. Waiting too long to talk to an attorney or pursue a personal injury claim could result in missing important deadlines, losing key evidence, and having less reliable eyewitness accounts. Your case requires prompt legal action to be at its most powerful. Retaining a car accident attorney right away can help you start building a strong case right from the get-go.
The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP can immediately get to work on your case, sending investigators to revisit the scene and gather evidence such as photographs and surveillance video footage. We can also interview eyewitnesses, gather relevant documents, and make sure other evidence from the collision is preserved. Preserving data such as cell phone records, black box information, and details of the accident scene shortly after the collision is crucial to the strength of your case. Waiting too long could mean the destruction of vital evidence needed to prove your case.
For example, say an overgrown shrub-covered up a stop sign in Las Vegas. You passed the sign without stopping and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. You didn’t talk to an attorney until three months after the accident, at which point the property owner had already cut down the shrub that was blocking your view. Now you’ve lost the opportunity to take photographs of the obstructing bush – losing a valuable piece of evidence in your claim. Hire an attorney as soon as possible after an automobile accident for your best chance at a successful claim.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Although we recognize that each accident is unique, we also know that some accident types happen more often than others. Recognizing the cause of common crashes can help Las Vegas drivers prevent collisions and learning frequent injury types can help victims realize they aren’t alone. The type of collision often points to the cause of the accident. For example, tire blowouts often cause rollover accidents. Take a look at some of the most common collision types and their negligence-related causes. If you see your accident type on the list, contact us for legal advice.
- Trucking accidents. Collisions with commercial trucks can be devastating to the passengers of the smaller vehicles. Truck accidents can stem from a careless, drowsy, or distracted truck driver. Injuries are often catastrophic or fatal.
- Rear-end collisions. In busy Las Vegas traffic, rear-end collisions are common. Following too closely, intoxication and distracted driving are common causes of rear-end collisions. Even minor accidents can cause whiplash and other neck/back injuries which may not show symptoms until days later.
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions. One car crashing into another’s broadside can happen when the at-fault driver runs a red light, rolls through a stop sign, or fails to yield the right-of-way at an intersection or when making a left-hand turn. Injuries can include broken bones, head/brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Rollovers. High-speed T-bone accidents, tire blow-outs, or vehicle defects can cause a vehicle to roll over onto its side or flip. In a rollover accident, drivers and passengers may suffer crush injuries, broken bones, the loss of limbs, and even brain and spine damage.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, if you suffered serious injuries, you need a Las Vegas car accident lawyer on your side. Contact Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP today to hold a negligent driver accountable for their actions.
What is the Time Limit to File a Car Accident Claim in Las Vegas?
The most important statute in car crash claims is the state’s statute of limitations. In Nevada, injured accident victims generally have two years from the date of the crash to file personal injury claims. Missing this deadline almost always means losing your ability to seek compensation for your injuries, no matter how strong a case you have.
You need a detailed understanding of Nevada’s car accident laws to secure compensation for your case. Otherwise, you run the risk of missing critical deadlines or make other errors that risk your right to recovery. Working with Panish Shea & Boyle’s Las Vegas car accident attorneys can grant you access to a wealth of knowledge and first-hand legal experience, so you don’t have to worry about navigating the law by yourself.
Is Nevada a No-Fault State?
No. In Nevada, parties may only recover compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. But don’t worry if an insurance company has told you that you are at-fault for an accident. You may still be entitled to compensation. Not only can insurance companies make the wrong determination as to fault, but they also have an incentive to avoid paying out for injuries caused by their insureds. The law in Nevada allows you to recover compensation even if you are partially at fault for an accident. We recommend you contact our Las Vegas firm for a free consultation and more information about your specific case.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation With Our Auto Accident Attorney
Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP is the reputable, experienced, and results-driven law firm you’ve been seeking to handle your Las Vegas car accident claim. We have a long history of successful case outcomes, securing billions of dollars for clients around the country. We take a personalized approach to each client that comes to us for assistance, working closely with them to identify their unique goals for the claim. You’ll notice our honest compassion and commitment to your case from the very start.
All initial legal consultations at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP are complimentary and come at no obligation to retain our law firm for your motor vehicle accident case. We simply want to offer our words of wisdom and advice for how we believe you should move forward. We’ll listen to your story, let you know if you have grounds for a claim, and walk you through the filing process. You’ll find everything you need from a law firm and more at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP. Contact us online or call (702) 560-5520 today to schedule your free consultation in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Las Vegas, NV Car Accident Statistics
Driving around Las Vegas as a resident or tourist often means traveling along the I-15, I-95, the 215 beltway or I-11. These highways can be dangerous for drivers due to close proximity to large commercial trucks, higher speed limits, and reckless and negligent drivers. Here are a few of the statistics from the most recent crash reports out of Las Vegas:
- In 2016, there were 304 fatal crashes in Nevada, 22,094 injury crashes, and 29,843 property damage-only crashes.
- Clark County reported 198 fatal crashes in 2016 and 187 by December 17, 2017. Clark County crash fatalities totaled 214 in 2016, with 45 alcohol-related accidents.
- From 2012-2016, 75% of intersection-related injuries and fatalities in Nevada occurred in Clark County.
Clark County Streets with the Most Crashes: 2014-2016
(when the street was listed as the primary road)
- Las Vegas Blvd: 2,002 crashes
- Eastern Ave: 1,321 crashes
- Spring Mountain Rd: 1,214 crashes
- Rainbow Blvd: 1,166 crashes
- Desert Inn Rd: 1,125 crashes
- Decatur Blvd: 1,090 crashes
- Flamingo Rd: 1,024 crashes
- Tropicana Ave: 906 crashes
- Lamb Blvd: 834 crashes
- Lake Mead Blvd: 800 crashes
Highways with the Most Crashes
- Interstate 15 North: 5,421 crashes
- Interstate 15 South: 3,339 crashes
- US 95 South: 3,036 crashes
- US 95 North: 2,749 crashes
- SR 159/Charleston: 2,390 crashes
What to Do If You’re in a Car Accident
Taking the right steps after a car accident is key if you wish to obtain the full value of your claim. Many claimants do not realize how easy it is to reduce their chances of winning fair compensatory awards from insurance companies. Insurance carriers will try to minimize payouts in any way possible – including using your lack of knowledge about the car insurance process against you. Remember, the insurance company has an incentive to pay you as little as possible. Taking a few important steps after an auto accident can help protect your claim to compensation.
- Pull over and check yourself for injuries.
- If it is safe to exit your vehicle, do so and ask if anyone else has any injuries.
- Call 911 so that an officer can arrive and prepare a police report
- Do not admit fault for the car accident.
- Give the other driver your information and get his or hers as well.
- Take photographs and videos of the wreck.
- Go to the hospital for medical care immediately.
- Keep copies of all documents and reports related to your accident and injuries.
- Contact a Las Vegas car accident lawyer.
Make sure a car insurance company takes your claim seriously by hiring an attorney. A car accident lawyer in Las Vegas can handle insurance claim negotiations for you. A lawyer can take over conversations with claims adjusters on your behalf, ensuring no one takes advantage of you or infringes upon your rights. The attorneys at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP can fight for maximum compensation after a car accident through all means possible, including taking your case to court, if necessary. We can take you through all the steps toward a positive resolution.
Millions Recovered For Clients Contact Panish Shea & Boyle
Our attorneys know what it takes to win maximum compensation for our clients and aren’t afraid to take your case to trial. Our firm has decades of experience handling the most complex car accidents claims. We have earned a reputation for excellence around the nation.
After an automobile accident, you’ll have many parties trying to infringe upon your rights and stamp out your side of the story. The at-fault driver may deny accountability, while his/her insurance company insists on downplaying your injuries and offering unfair settlements as their “last and final offers.” Do not take any of these ploys seriously. As the victim, you have every right to confer with a Las Vegas car accident attorney before saying yes to a settlement. One legal consultation with us can help you understand the true value of your claim – an amount that’s likely much more than the insurer is currently offering.
Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP will stand in your corner from start to finish, supporting you and your cause. We aren’t afraid to negotiate with the largest insurance companies and demand fair compensation for your car accident injuries. Once we accept a case, we’re 100% committed. Whether you’re dealing with catastrophic injuries or the wrongful death of a family member after a Las Vegas auto accident, let our law firm help you with your financial recovery.