Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a Las Vegas car accident, you need representation from an experienced attorney. Panish Shea & Boyle LLP has the experience, understanding and resources to fight for justice on your behalf. Auto accidents may be relatively common on the busy streets of Las Vegas, but that doesn’t make your case any less important. We’ll make sure insurance companies treat you fairly during settlement negotiations or take your case to court if that’s what it takes for full recovery. Contact our attorneys right away for a free case evaluation.
Why Hire Panish Shea & Boyle LLP After a Car Accident?
Our attorneys know what it takes to win maximum compensation for our clients and aren’t afraid to take the required actions. Our firm has decades of experience handling the most complex car accident claims. We have earned a reputation for excellence around the nation.
After a car accident, you’ll have many parties trying to infringe upon your rights and stamp out your side of the story. The at-fault driver may deny accountability, while his/her insurance company insists on downplaying your injuries and offering unfair settlements as their “last and final offers.” Do not take any of these ploys seriously. As the victim, you have every right to confer with an attorney before saying yes to a settlement. One legal consultation with us can help you understand true value of your claim – an amount that’s likely much more than the insurer is currently offering.
Panish Shea & Boyle LLP will stand in your corner from start to finish, supporting you and your cause. We aren’t afraid to negotiate with the largest insurance companies and demand fair compensation for your injuries. Once we accept a case, we’re 100% committed. Whether you’re dealing with catastrophic injuries or the death of a family member after a Las Vegas car accident, let our firm help you with compassionate legal services.
Las Vegas Car Accident Statistics
Driving around Las Vegas as a resident or tourist often means traveling along the Las Vegas Beltway – the 50.5-mile route that passes through three-fourths of the Las Vegas Valley. The city is also served by several other major highways, such as I-80 and I-580. These roads and highways can be dangerous for drivers due to close proximity to large commercial trucks, higher speed limits, and reckless drivers. Here are a few of the numbers from the most recent crash reports out of Las Vegas:
- In 2016, there were 304 fatal crashes in Nevada, 22,094 injury crashes, and 29,843 property damage only crashes.
- Clark County reported 198 fatal crashes in 2016 and 187 by December 17, 2017. Clark County crash fatalities totaled 214 in 2016, with 45 alcohol-related accidents.
- From 2012-2016, 75 percent of intersection-related injuries and fatalities in Nevada occurred in Clark County.
Clark County Streets with the Most Crashes: 2014-2016
(when street was listed as they primary road)
- Las Vegas Blvd: 2,002 crashes
- Eastern Ave: 1,321 crashes
- Spring Mountain Rd: 1,214 crashes
- Rainbow Blvd: 1,166 crashes
- Desert Inn Rd: 1,125 crashes
- Decatur Blvd: 1,090 crashes
- Flamingo Rd: 1,024 crashes
- Tropicana Ave: 906 crashes
- Lamb Blvd: 834 crashes
- Lake Mead Blvd: 800 crashes
Highways with the Most Crashes
- Interstate 15 North: 5,421 crashes
- Interstate 15 South: 3,339 crashes
- US 95 South: 3,036 crashes
- US 95 North: 2,749 crashes
- SR 159: 2,390 crashes
Common Types of Collisions and Injuries
Although we recognize that each accident is unique, we also know that some accident types happen more often than others. Recognizing common crash causes can help Las Vegas drivers prevent collisions while learning frequent injury types can help victims realize they aren’t alone. The type of collision often points to the cause of the accident. For example, tire blowouts often cause rollover accidents. Take a look at some of the most common collision types and their negligence-related causes. If you see your accident type on the list, contact us:
- Trucking accidents. Collisions with commercial trucks can be devastating to the passengers of the smaller vehicles. Truck accidents can stem from truck driver negligence, carelessness, drowsiness, or distraction. Injuries are often catastrophic or fatal.
- Rear-end collisions. In busy Las Vegas traffic, rear-end collisions are common. While some don’t cause injuries, even minor accidents can cause whiplash and other neck/back injuries. Following too closely and not paying attention to the road are common causes of rear-end collisions.
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions. One car crashing into another’s broadside can happen when the at-fault driver runs a red light, rolls through a stop sign, or fails to yield the right-of-way at an intersection or when making a left-hand turn. Injuries can include broken bones, head/brain injuries, and spine injuries.
- Rollovers. High-speed T-bone accidents can cause a vehicle to roll over onto its side or flip, as can vehicles striking potholes or other defects in the car or roadway and “tripping.” Tire blowouts can also cause a driver to lose control and the car to flip. Injuries can include crush injuries or traumatic amputations, as well as brain and spine damage.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, if you suffered serious injuries, you need at attorney on your side. Contact Panish Shea & Boyle LLP today.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney Right Away
Time is of the essence in Las Vegas car accident claims. Waiting too long to talk to an attorney or pursue a personal injury claim could result in missing important deadlines, losing key evidence, and having less-reliable eyewitness accounts. Your case requires prompt legal action to be at its most powerful. Retaining a car accident attorney right away can help you start building a strong case right from the get-go.
The legal team at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP can immediately get to work on your case, sending investigators to revisit the scene and gather evidence such as photographs and surveillance video footage. We can also interview eyewitnesses, gather relevant documents, and make phone calls for the preservation of evidence. Preserving data such as cell phone records, black box information, and details of the scene shortly after the collision is crucial to the strength of your case. Waiting too long could mean the destruction of vital evidence.
For example, say an overgrown shrub covered up a stop sign in Las Vegas. You passed the sign without stopping and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. You didn’t talk to an attorney until three months after the accident, at which point the city had already cut down the shrub that was blocking your view. Now you’ve lost the opportunity to take photographs of the obstructing bush – losing a valuable piece of evidence in your claim. Hire an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident for your best chance at a successful claim.
Nevada Car Accident Law and Statutes
You need at least a cursory understanding of Nevada’s car accident laws to secure compensation for your case. Otherwise, you run the risk of missing critical deadlines or make other errors that risk your right to recovery. Working with Panish Shea & Boyle LLP can grant you access to a wealth of knowledge and first-hand legal experience, so you don’t have to worry about navigating the state’s statutes.
The most important statute in car accident claims is the state’s statute of limitations. In Nevada, injured car accident victims have two years from the date of the crash (or the date of discovery of injuries) to file personal injury claims. Missing this deadline almost always means losing your right to file, no matter how strong a case you have against the defendant.
As an at-fault state, Nevada requires all crash victims to identify who the at-fault driver or other party was for the accident. The victims must then seek damage recovery through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If you’re afraid you were partially at fault for your accident, don’t worry; you could still be eligible for at least partial compensation thanks to Nevada’s modified comparative negligence laws. Contact our Las Vegas firm for more information about your specific case.
Contact Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for a Free Case Evaluation in Las Vegas
Panish Shea & Boyle LLP is the reputable, experienced, and results-driven law firm you’ve been seeking to handle your Las Vegas car accident claim. We have a long history of successful case outcomes, garnering millions of dollars for clients around the country. We take a personalized approach to each client that comes to us for assistance, working closely with them to identify their unique goals for the claim. You’ll notice our honest compassion and commitment to your case from the very start.
All initial legal consultations at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP are complimentary and come at no obligation to retain our law firm for your car accident case. We simply want to offer our words of wisdom and advice for how we believe you should move forward. We’ll listen to your story, let you know if you have grounds for a claim, and walk you through the filing process. You’ll find everything you need from a law firm and more at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP. Contact us online or call (702) 560-5520 today to schedule your free car accident case evaluation in Las Vegas, Nevada.