WHAT TO DO IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE WAS A PASSENGER ON METROLINK TRAIN #111 TO PRESERVE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- The most important thing is medical as opposed to legal. If the passenger survived the crash, focus first on getting all proper medical care before thinking about the legal aspect. Panish Shea & Boyle can make recommendations for respected physicians if you so desire.
- If it is possible, however, taking photographs of the victim’s injuries and of the treatment process could prove to be useful evidence later on.
- Locate and save any ticket or pass the passenger used to ride the Metrolink train that day, or any Metrolink tickets or passes from the past. Similarly, locate and retain any receipts and credit card or bank records from purchasing the ticket or pass.
- Contact experienced and respected plaintiffs counsel immediately. Panish Shea & Boyle has been involved in the litigation of every major Metrolink disaster. We were on the plaintiffs’ steering committee of the Placentia Metrolink Train Crash Litigation and are currently on the Glendale Metrolink Train Derailment Litigation. We were the only law firm to try a wrongful death case to jury verdict from the Placentia Metrolink Train Crash Litigation. We are the first firm scheduled to try a serious case from the Glendale Metrolink Train Derailment Litigation. We expect to be legal leaders of the Chatsworth Train Crash and Derailment Litigation.
- Because Government entities are involved here, it is absolutely crucial that you get lawyers working for you promptly, as claims must be served on the government entities within 6 months, or all legal rights can be lost. Here are some examples of Government Claims filed in our Metrolink cases.
- Once you have retained competent and experienced legal counsel to handle the legal aspects of your case, continue to focus on the healing process, and let the lawyers worry about the legal process.
- Often overlooked by victims and families is the psychological impact of a tragedy like the Chatsworth Metrolink crash. It is very important that psychological injury be treated early. Contact a respected psychologist, psychiatrist, or counselor as soon as possible to begin the treatment process. We can make recommendations for you if you so desire.
- Continue to document any recovery photographically.
Copyright © Panish, Shea & Boyle – Los Angeles Metrolink Train Accident Attorneys – Los Angeles Trial Lawyers – All rights reserved.
Catastrophic Injury Attorney Disclaimer: The train accident, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, or other legal information presented at this site should not be considered formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. Please note that you are not considered a client until you have signed a retainer agreement and your case has been accepted by us.