Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles
The effects of a very serious injury go beyond physical pain. Victims of catastrophic injury in Los Angeles may be temporarily or permanently disabled, which can wreak havoc on everything in their lives: jobs and marriage, plans for the future, even their independence. It’s no exaggeration to say that this type of loss is emotionally devastating as well as physically painful. And unfortunately, a catastrophic injury is almost always financially devastating as well. Even if you have medical insurance, the cost of surgeries, hospitalization and other costs can quickly skyrocket into the tens of thousands. And of course, victims may not be able to go back to work for months or may not have jobs waiting when they return — if they can work at all.
If you or a loved one was catastrophically injured by another person’s bad decisions or bad behavior, you have a legal right to hold that person responsible for the results. An experienced Los Angeles catastrophic injury lawyer can help you make your case and collect the maximum possible financial compensation. That money can’t reverse a catastrophic injury, but it can help victims get the care they need and live with dignity and independence.
The Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorneys of Panish Shea & Boyle are renowned as some of the top trial attorneys in the United States. Our partners have extensive experience litigating over catastrophic injuries caused by airplane, helicopter and train crashes; serious auto accidents; unsafe pharmaceuticals; corporate fraud; and defective consumer products, especially defective auto parts. We have handed many complex national or international lawsuits, and have taken leadership roles in several national class actions and consolidated cases over aviation disasters and defective drugs.
Panish Shea & Boyle has a strong record of recovering significant verdicts and settlements for its clients. Our attorneys have won the largest verdict in American legal history; the largest defective tire verdict in the United States; and the largest verdict ever awarded against the City and County of San Francisco. In fact, we have won more than 150 verdicts or settlements of $1 million or more. All of our attorneys are active members of professional legal organizations such as the Consumer Attorneys of California, and partners have been repeatedly honored with titles such as Most Influential Attorneys and Best Lawyers in America.
Catastrophic Injury Verdicts & Settlements
- Anderson v. General Motors $4,900,000,000
- Griggs v. Caterpillar, et al. $55,832,000Joseph B. Griggs sued West-Pac Industries after the Catepillar scraper he was operating burst into flames resulting in third-degree burns over 75% of his body. Attorney Brian Panish argued that the fire was due to a defective mechanical product in the hydraulic system of the construction vehicle. A jury agreed, awarding Griggs 55,832,000.
- Lampe v. Continental General Tire $55,000,000
- Nelsen v. Hillyard, Inc., et al. $21,067,093Largest personal injury verdict in San Bernardino County history.
- Tilton v. Southern California Gas Co. (Sempra Energy) $15,000,000
- Wu v. Singapore Airlines $15,000,000
- Beltran v. Boeing, et al. $13,550,000Largest known settlement for military personnel injured during the war in Iraq awarded to Juan Beltran and Ron Carns for injuries they received. Beltran was represented by Kevin Boyle and was awarded $11,247,500 for injuries he suffered in a helicopter crash in Iraq which left him paralyzed.
- Pogosyan v. Southern California Rapid Transit District (SCRTD) $22,000,000Pogosyan lost her leg above the knee and suffered severe internal injuries when a car being chased by Southern California Rapid Transit District struck her while she was getting out of her car. The jury awarded $22 million in the pedestrian accident case, resulting in a $13 million award following liability adjustment.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, call us today at 877.800.1700 for a free case evaluation.