Bakersfield Truck Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Accidents involving larger commercial trucks can result in devastating injuries for those inside traditional vehicles. Unfortunately, truck accidents are not uncommon throughout California. At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, we are here to help if you need a Bakersfield truck accident lawyer by your side. If the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company have caused you or your loved one harm, we will stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and legal teams to help ensure that you recover maximum compensation for your losses.
Why Turn to Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for Help With This Case?
- At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, we treat every client and their case with the compassion, personal attention, support, and integrity they need during emotionally and financially challenging times.
- We have secured many multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of clients and have helped recover more than $10 billion on behalf of clients through settlements and verdicts over the years.
- We are continually recognized for excellence by other attorneys, legal organizations, and national publications.
- We have an extensive network of resources that we can employ to get to the bottom of every Bakersfield truck accident claim that comes through our door.
How Will an Attorney Help a Truck Accident Claim in Bakersfield?
A skilled personal injury lawyer is going to be an invaluable resource for a truck accident case in Bakersfield. The reality is that most individuals do not have the resources necessary to take on insurance carriers or major trucking companies. However, an attorney will be able to handle every aspect of these claims. This will include:
- Investigations into the cause of the incident to determine liability.
- Working with trusted medical professionals who can provide the necessary treatment to the injury victim
- Enlisting the assistance of economic and financial experts who can properly calculate the victim’s total losses
- Negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers and truck company legal teams to recover maximum compensation.
Most Common Bakersfield Truck Accident Causes
Commercial trucking companies and their drivers have to abide by fairly strict state and federal regulations. This includes:
- Regularly inspecting and maintaining each vehicle
- Following the hours of service requirements set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Following all traffic laws
- Not operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Never operating while distracted by phones or other devices
There are various careless or negligent actions that drivers or companies can take that lead to severe accidents. According to the National Safety Council, more than 118,000 large trucks were involved in injury collisions during the latest reporting year. Additionally, there were 5,005 large trucks involved in fatal collisions during that same reporting year. Large trucks accounted for 10% of all fatal vehicle crashes across the US during the recent reporting year.
Why Do Bakersfield Truck Accidents Lead to Such Severe Injuries?
Data presented by the Federal Highway Administration shows us that large commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and reach more than 50 feet in length. This size and weight discrepancy from other vehicles on the roadway means that smaller vehicles can sustain severe damage if a crash occurs. This can be detrimental to those inside smaller vehicles.
It is not uncommon for our Bakersfield truck accident lawyers to help clients who have sustained a range of injuries as a result of these incidents. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Significant psychological or emotional trauma
Types of Compensation Available to Victims
Truck accident victims in Bakersfield should be able to recover various types of compensation in the event the crash was caused by the actions of a truck driver or trucking company. Our Bakersfield truck accident lawyers work diligently to recover various types of economic and non-economic compensation on behalf of our clients.
- Economic compensation. This is also referred to as special damages and revolves around the types of compensation that are calculable by adding up bills and receipts after a truck crash occurs. This can include:
- All medical bills caused by the truck crash
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation costs
- Property damage expenses
- Any household out-of-pocket costs caused by the crash
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Non-economic compensation. This is also referred to as general damages and revolves around more immeasurable types of payment that a victim could recover after a crash occurs. This includes a victim’s:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of sexual functioning
Time Limit to File a Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident victims have a limited amount of time to file these claims. First, it is crucial to understand that the insurance carriers involved in these cases have very strict reporting deadlines. This means that any claim not filed with the insurance carriers within a day or two after the incident occurs could be significantly delayed or even denied altogether.
Additionally, the personal injury statute of limitations in California is two years from the date an injury occurs. This means that accident victims have a two-year timeframe to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent truck driver or trucking company, or they will lose the ability to recover the compensation they need.
Affording a Bakersfield Truck Accident Attorney
At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, we are proud to take Bakersfield truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our truck accident clients will not have to pay any upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We will only collect legal fees after we are able to secure the compensation that our clients need. If we do not win the case, our clients pay nothing.
Contact a Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver or a trucking company, reach out to the car accident lawyers at Panish Shea & Boyle LLP for help today. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these claims on your behalf. Our goal is to investigate the incident, determine liability, and help ensure that you recover maximum compensation. When you need a Bakersfield truck accident attorney, schedule a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.