Another article, this one out of Missoula, Montana, seeks to offer advice geared toward keeping citizens safe as they heat their homes in the coming months. The Fire Marshal of that area notes that something as simple as keeping the area around both space heaters and heating vents free of debris is an important step toward preventing the breakout of a fire. There needs to be a limit on how much an individual is plugging into a given extension cord at one time, which means that overloading with holiday lights must be minimized. Caution also has to be taken with candles, which need to be placed on a stable surface and blown out whenever someone leaves the room. Finally, persons should make sure that lint should is cleared out of the area around dryers so that the substance cannot catch fire.
For more safety tips, follow this link.