Yesterday we brought you word of the recall of Buckyballs and Buckycubes magnet toys because of the threat posed to a child if they were to swallow the item. Now, a children’s product is being recalled because of a choking hazard posed if the child attempts to swallow a dislodged piece.
The recall was announced by the Torrance, California-based Small World Toys Enterprises and concerns Spin-A-Mals Farm and Safari wooden puzzles under the Ryan’s Room brand. The puzzles are basically a series of animal shapes and cogs that can be mounted together on a wooden board. 4,000 or so toys are impacted by the recall, and each was sold around the country last May through October.
Loosening and subsequent separation of certain pegs on these toys is a possibility, and when that occurs, a kid can pick up the small pieces and potentially choke on them. Four separation incidents have been reported at this time, but thankfully, none of those led to an injury.
Parents are being instructed not to let their kids play with these toys. Instead, it’s advisable to get in touch with Small World to obtain a replacement item. Once the company has been contacted, parents are being told to destroy and throw away the product.