More high powered magnet sets are being recalled because of the potential injury threat they could pose to children and others who swallow more than one of the magnets. This recall was announced by the American Fork, Utah-based Kringles Toys and Gifts and pertains to Nanospheres Magnetic Desk Toys containing 231 tiny magnets. 4,200 units were recalled because of the hazard, which stems from the fact that the magnets can link to one another inside an individual’s body if swallowed. This can cause severe internal perforation damage and other serious injuries. Although no incident reports have been made in regards to these particular magnets, other types of magnets have led to reported injuries. The magnets, which were sold on Amazon, can be returned to the company for a refund.
To learn more about the recall, follow this link.