Fire Provides Glimpse at the Importance of Holiday Light Safety

Posted on December 4, 2012

Sometimes safety advice isn’t enough and consumers don’t begin to take the threat seriously until an incident drives home just how real a threat can be.  A shed fire in Quincy, Illinois illustrates how there are certain dangers that go along with improperly hanging holiday lights.  An overloaded circuit was to blame for this particular fire, and this type of situation could manifest in any home across the country.  The assistant fire chief of Tri-Township advises consumers to put no more than three strands of lights into any one extension cord or outlet.  To do otherwise invites circumstances similar to what’s seen in the video found at the link below.  The cords should also be examined before hanging in order to ensure that damage didn’t occur in the time between last Christmas and this year.

Click here to learn more.

How Can We Help You?

If you have a legal matter you would like to discuss with an attorney from our firm, please call us at (310) 477-1700 or complete and submit the e-mail form below, and we will get back to you.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
*Required Fields