Car Crooks (Hopefully) Won't Steal These Cars
The Highway Loss Data Institute has composed a list of the least and most stolen cars. While car thieves seem to prefer large cars, like the Cadillac Escalade, which was the number one stolen car, the least stolen cars are somewhat of a mixed bag, according to news sources.
The following data was provided by insurers who represent 80% of the market for privately insured cars.
10. Mini Cooper Clubman – mini two-door car
9. Chevrolet Aveo– mini station wagon
8. BMW 5-series 4WD – large luxury car
7. Saturn Vue – Midsize SUV
6. Lexus RX-350 – Midsize Luxury SUV
5. Chevrolet Equinox 4WD – Midsize SUV
4. Volkswagen CC – Midsize car
3. Chevrolet Equinox – Midsize SUV
2. Mercury Mariner – Small SUV
1. Audi A6 4WD – Large luxury car
While it may be surprising that so many luxury cars are on a list of cars thieves don’t seem to want, it has a lot to do with access to these vehicles. Luxury cars are more likely to be spending the night somewhere safe than on a street that thieves frequent. These luxury cars also have superior ignition immobilizers which stop thieves from being able to hot-wire cars.
As a Los Angeles car accident lawyer, I find this data very interesting. Our personal injury law firm hopes that you will not be affected by this issue. We also hope that car companies continue to improve immobilization technology to help further eradicate car theft.