San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer
In 2013, San Bernardino County saw 6,931 victims killed and injured in car crashes, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety. Almost 800 of these involved alcohol and almost 300 involved pedestrians. Across the state of California, more than 2,500 traffic fatalities occur each year, and over 225,000 accidents result in severe injury. Approximately 50% of those injured permanently lose some functionality or sustain more serious disabilities. The point is that if you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you are far from alone. As the number of vehicle miles traveled increases in California each year, accidents and injuries become more of a commonplace.
Total Motor Vehicle Accident Filings in San Bernardino County (1999-2014)
Freeways and Roadways in San Bernardino
Although San Bernardino was named the nation’s 112th safest city for driving by Allstate, in 2013, the city of San Bernardino saw 1,069 people killed and injured in car accidents. Most of these accidents occurred along the I-215 between the I-10 and State 210 freeways which are heavily trafficked, making accidents almost unavoidable.
A couple fatalities occur almost annually in the Perris Hill and Badger Hill areas. Another hot spot for vehicle collisions is the area toward Rialto that includes West Baseline, Highway 66, and West Rialto Avenue. Accidents also happen regularly in Colton along the freeways, with the intersections at particularly high risk.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Stop. California state law says that you must stop after an accident, otherwise you may be charged with a hit an run, regardless of who was at fault. If accident involves a parked car or other property, you must leave a note with all of your information.
- If you have been injured, seek prompt medical attention. If an accident caused serious injury or death, you must call the CHP.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including your name, address, driver’s license number, and vehicle identification number.
- Do not voluntarily admit or deny who was to blame for the accident. Do not sign or agree to make any sort of payments. First speak with your insurance provider and/or attorney before saying anything to the police.
- Gather information at the scene and take pictures. The more concrete information you have about the circumstances surrounding your accident, the better your chances will be in court.
- Speak with your insurance company. If the other driver is at fault, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Speak with an attorney. If you are not satisfied with the amount offered by insurance for the accident, you may want to sue. Be sure to consult with your council to explore your options.
Should I Get a San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney?
If you have been involved in a car accident, a lot runs through your mind. You have insurance companies to talk to, medical expenses to pay, income loss anxiety, and more. On top of recovering from your injuries, the stress can be exhausting. If you have sustained up to $15,000 or more in losses of any kind, from injuries to employment absence, you may have a case for filing a lawsuit. Our San Bernardino car accident attorneys can assess your situation and formulate a case.
If you have to appear in court, you will have to learn procedures yourself, spending precious time and money investigating the legal system and formulating a case. When the day comes, you will spend 5 to 10 hours before a judge representing yourself. An attorney can save you this time and provide valuable insight that can help you win your case.
Panish Shea & Boyle attorneys can assist you by taking your case as their own. We understand your situation and the financial and emotional turmoil you are going through. Our lawyers will treat you with compassion and sensitivity as we formulate a plan for winning the compensation you need to recover. If you have not been injured but have sustained some other loss, there is still an opportunity to file a claim.
What Damages Can I Recover?
- Medical and rehabilitation costs associated with the accident
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
What are the Chances of Winning My Case With Panish Shea & Boyle Attorneys?
Some of the top ranking lawyers in the country can be found at Panish Shea & Boyle. We provide some of the most experienced and acclaimed lawyers who have secured more than $10 billion in verdicts and settlements. We have successfully filed a $4.9 billion auto product liability case against General Motors and won a $58 million verdict when a man was burned after his construction vehicle caught on fire. A case involving tire tread separation resulted in $55.4 million in compensation.
Our San Bernardino car accident attorneys have been featured on Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News and World Report, and won the 2014 Top Ranked Law Firms award. We are supported by the American Board of Trial Advocates and have also been recognized by LexisNexis peer review ratings and Super Lawyers.
Call us at 1-877-800-1700 for your free, no obligation legal consultation today.